Welcome to my blog where I aim to upload snap shots of recent weddings.
You can view my full website at www.rogerbrownphotography.com

Tuesday 10 June 2014

From Palace to Palace...

Last Sunday saw the 10th anniversary of the Bleinheim Palace Triathlon and I was proud to be asked by Herbalife, a premier wellness company, to photograph their team of employees taking part in the event.

Bleinheim Palace is a spectacular setting for any event but last weekend, it played host to the 2nd largest triathlon in the country.  Over 7000 participants took part, plus an audience of thousands more supporters attended.  Apparently, it’s seen by many as the official opener of the Triathlon season.

At such a huge venue, it was an exciting challenge to get quickly from the lake area to capture photos of the swimmers and to then get trackside in time for the cyclists and runners.  I certainly think I burned off a few calories by just running around with my camera!

Herbalife was founded back in 1980 and they are the Official Nutrition Sponsors of Cristiano Ronaldo no less!  They are dedicated to, in their own words “simplying your path to healthy living” and have a large network of Independent Distributors in over 80 countries worldwide with annual net sales of $3.5 billion. They had a team of over 20 UK staff members taking part on the day.

A huge congratulations to everyone who swam, cycled and ran for a good cause, a massive achievement!

Despite the fact it was a pretty hot day, seeing the teams take part actually made me want to get my running shoes on again (if only I had the time!)…