Welcome to my blog where I aim to upload snap shots of recent weddings.
You can view my full website at www.rogerbrownphotography.com

Friday 28 January 2011

Liz and Chris at Pennyhill


Here's a nice image from the wedding of Liz & Chris at Pennyhill Park on the 8th January. My first wedding of what is looking like the busiest year so far. I don't know what it is about January but a lot of couples must get engaged at Christmas or the New Year. All I can say is I wish it was Christmas everyday in the words of that great band Wizard. (showing my age a bit now).

Sometimes it's nice to get a more traditional feel to some of the images and I think most couples appreciate a bit of balance between reportage and more conventional romantic images. With most winter weddings you have to take images that use the full potential of interiors and at Pennyhill they have this lovely staircase. I got the help of some staff to find me this chez-lounge and let the available light work its magic. Took about a minute to do and the Bride and Groom went back to their guests to enjoy the champagne reception.

I usually stress the point that they will only be away from their guests for a maximum of half an hour for group and couple shots. this also allows me to get some more natural shots when they are with friends.

That's it for now got to get ready for the Saturdays meetings.